Home / Savings / Term Deposit Accounts /
Term Deposit FAQs
Do I have to be a member to lodge a Fixed Term Deposit?
Family First Credit Union is a mutual financial services organisation and as such is owned by its members, each one of whom is a shareholder. Therefore, yes we require that you must be a member of Family First Credit Union to open a Fixed Term Deposit.
Become a Member
How much do I need to deposit to lodge a Fixed Term Deposit?
You can lodge a Fixed Term Deposit with a minimum of $1,000.
How do I make withdrawals from my Fixed Term Deposit?
Your funds are available at the end of your chosen term. At the end of your chosen term you can prearrange to withdraw your money either by transfer to existing accounts or by cheque withdrawal or re-lodge your deposit. If you wish to withdrawal your funds before the end of the term interest penalties may apply. You can contact us to arrange a withdrawal from your Fixed Term Deposit.
What happens at maturity?
At maturity you can:
- Automatically re-invest your funds for another term
- Add extra funds
- Withdraw all or part of the funds
How often will I receive information on my Fixed Term Deposit?
A Fixed Term Deposit certificate outlining your deposit will be sent to you within a fortnight of your lodgement of your Fixed Term Deposit. These details should be checked by you to ensure they are correct. Statements are issued six monthly. Duplicate statements can be requested at any time from our office.
Account Balances and Statements are also available through our Internet and Phone banking services.
Family First Credit Union
We make banking easy, with many ways to access your Family First Credit Union accounts.
About Family First
Family First Credit Union is different…
Our shareholders are you. We are your local Credit Union, here to support all of your banking needs. So come and experience local caring banking.
- In what has been the strangest year on record, warmest of seasons greetings over the festive period ... stay safe and enjoy the comfort of your friends and family. Look further to see our early closing times on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve. Read more
- Our most valued prize awarded throughout the year is no doubt our 'Wes Anderson Memorial Employee of the Year' named in honour of the late Wes Anderson who was General Manager of Family First for 28 years. See who won this most coveted award in 2020? Read more
- For the latest developments in relation to the Northern Beaches COVID - 19 outbreak, please read on to see what impacts this may have on you. Read more
Important legal information
Any advice or information on this site does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and you should consider whether it is appropriate for you. Please review our Account & Access Facility Conditions of Use and Financial Services Guide before acquiring the product.