We are proud to say that despite the challenges and impacts arising from the COVID-19 Coronavirus pandemic, we have operated as an essential service with no disruption to any of our branches from when the pandemic was first declared on 12 March 2020 right up until current date.
We would like to thank both our members and staff for staying loyal and complying with all the added safety measures without fuss or hesitation.
You will be glad to know that all our offices have been registered as COVID-19 safe locations and Family First proudly displays the ‘We’re COVID Safe’ sticker at all of our branches / offices.
With that being said, we must remain vigilant by not becoming complacent so it is probably an opportune time to remind ourselves of the following safety measures that have been introduced for the safety of both members, staff and our friends and families as well as doing our bit to reduce and eventually eliminate community transmission:
- By carrying out additional safety hygiene procedures (all branches are equipped with alcohol based hand sanitiser with high touch points in branch being wiped down regularly throughout the day)
- Do not enter premises if you are not feeling well, have reason to believe you may have come into contact with COVID-19 coronavirus, are awaiting COVID-19 test results or have visited a known hot spot or case location as specified in the NSW Department of Health website. (If you are feeling unwell, get tested)
- Social distance by remaining 1.5 metres apart at all times and observing the 1 person per 4 square metres requirement (adhere to branch and office limits for number of customers allowed in any given branch / office, comply with where to stand floor stickers and stay well behind the sneeze screens located on branch counters)
- Download the COVIDSafe app (we strongly recommend that all of our members attending our branches in person download the COVIDSafe app and have it switched on at all times)
Options still remain available to members impacted by the COVID-19 Coronavirus such as people who have either lost their jobs, have had their hours reduced or in fact had their businesses closed down or require immediate cash. Options available include:
- Deferral of loan repayments
- Reduced loan repayments
- Interest only repayments
- Annual insurance premium payments over loan security debited to loan
- Fee free access to Christmas Club accounts
- No penalty early redemptions of FTD (conditions apply)
We remain committed to see this organisation, the livelihood of all our members and the greater community to return to the life that we all once enjoyed. We acknowledge that in order for that to happen we must all do our part in stopping the transmission of this deadly disease. If you are feeling vulnerable in any way please reach out to us and we will discuss with you what we can do to assist.
Stay safe everyone.
Chief Executive Officer